Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

This forum is for discussing body jewelry.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to Body Jewelry Forum

Prince Albert Gauge Question

Postby rogerdodger » Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 pm

I've had a prince albert piercing for well over a year and I want to gauge up. The piercing was initially done with a 14 gauge. Now that I'm online trying to order jewelry and trying to make sure I order the correct size I've found out that what my piercer did was unusual. Everything I've read suggests the piercing be done at 12 or 10 gauge. I was initially going to only go up one size (14 to 12), but now that I know it was done at a smaller gauge than suggested, my question is: would I have any issues going from a 14 to a 10 after having this piercing for more than a year? Or should I still go one size at a time? Thanks for any info anyone has.
rogerdodger

Postby drh98 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:51 pm

The hole might be loose enough to go to a 10, but stretching to a 12 would be a safer way to go. I'd say put a twelve in for about a month, then go to a 10. All other stretches, give it a few months between them.
drh98 Healing Nicely!
Updated 4 years ago

Postby rogerdodger » Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks so much for the information :)
rogerdodger

Postby janus303 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 pm

drh98 wrote:The hole might be loose enough to go to a 10, but stretching to a 12 would be a safer way to go. I'd say put a twelve in for about a month, then go to a 10. All other stretches, give it a few months between them.

This seems like sound advice. On the smaller gauges the transitions will happen on their own if you let them. Time works better than a taper and keeps the scar tissue to a minimum--making it easier when you have to start persuading the next size through the hole with a taper.
janus303

Return to Body Jewelry Forum