Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Post your healing and aftercare questions here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to Healing & Aftercare Questions

PAs: How Often Do Complications Occur?

Postby eddiefuxwell » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm

I've been contemplating getting this done for a year or two. Haven't pulled the trigger yet b/c I'm worried about complications. I know moderate bleeding will happen, but how often do complications like serious infections occur? Assuming, of course, that I comply with discharge instructions.

Thanx in advance for the responses,

Lance
eddiefuxwell

Postby stealer » Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Lance. I don't have a PA but I do have a few other piercings below the belt. Complications and/or infections are actually pretty rare so long as you follow the proper after-care routine, which your piercer should discuss with you. It might be sore for a short while, and it might burn a little the first time you use the bathroom (it will pass), but just keep it clean and you should be fine. I won't tell you to just go do it, that's ultimately up to you, however if the fear of an infection is holding you back, I can tell you there are hundreds of Tribe members here who have a PA and I really can't think of anyone who's had any issues. I'm sure other will chime in. Good luck.
The box said "Requires Windows XP or better", so I bought a Mac.
stealer I got my nipples re-pierced today. Feels great to have them back!
Updated 1 year ago

Postby jacobsladder88 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Lance,
PA was my first genital piercing, it also was the easiest and fastest healing. I had no issues. It bleed slightly the first day. I had no issues with infection. Every time you pee it cleans the site, it did burn a little the first couple times I peed, after that no issues.(urine is actually sterile, unless you have a UTI) I wore supportive underwear and had very little pain or discomfort.
Ensure you have an experience piercer, they can determine placement and proper size of jewelry.
jacobsladder88

Postby eddiefuxwell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 am

Thanx for the replies. The outfit I will be using has a stable of piercers all w/a decade-plus worth of experience. My main concern is i am paralyzed & won't be able to provide my own aftercare. Luckily my main attendant has several piercings herself, & I am confident in my other attendant as well.

My concern w/complications is that, in the interest of an honest " Dr.-patient relationship", I told my Dr. I was considering this. After some conversation she told me if I went ahead w/it I would be doing so "against medical advice". W/this now in my medical record I am concerned, as AMA is a medical insurance "get out of jail free" card. If I need care for complications it's on my dime now.

So much for honesty, eh? LOL
eddiefuxwell

Return to Healing & Aftercare Questions