Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Submit general piercing posts here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to General Body Piercing Forum

Urgent: Jewelry fell out undetected

Postby kcmil » Fri May 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Just realized that my 6ga. PA barbell fell out at some point today without my knowledge. It has already shrunk down to the point where I cannot insert a 6 gauge carlor taper beyond about 30% without signifigant pain.

Miraculously, another jewelry supplier I bought from just happened to have accidentally sent me an 8 gauge barbell instead of a 6, and fits.

I have that 8 gauge bar in place comfortably right now, but what do I need to know right now in order to achieve the best outcome from this mishap? This piercing is about 4-5 weeks old, and is still healing.

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the problem arises from the fact that these CBB balls only engage 2-1/2 2mm threads when fully tightened. From now on, I think I will be using a dab of Loctite 242 on these CBB balls.
kcmil Is having second thoughts and doubts about his PA
Updated 1 week ago

Postby highdesert » Fri May 12, 2017 10:09 pm

You at least got the 8 in place. Time to let things settle. In couple of weeks you can start attempting to stretch back up to the 6. Long hot soaks greatly help with the stretch. Good luck.
highdesert made it to 0ga
Updated 18 weeks ago

Return to General Body Piercing Forum