Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

New to piercing? Post your questions or share your experiences here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to Never Been Pierced Forum

Thinking about a "clit" piercing?

Postby Cloud » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 am

I want to get my clit pierced!

We get a ton of inquiries like this from curious women, but the truth is, almost no one gets the clitoris itself pierced. Far, far more sensible, easy, and common is to get the clitoral hood pierced; that is, the thin membrane of skin which covers the actual clit.

Most common is the vertical clitoral hood piercing (a "VCH"). A horizontal clitoral hood piercing ("HCH") is also common. These are commonly referred to as "hood" piercings (not clit piercings).

A clitoris piercing is possible, but it's rare for several reasons. First, it's a pretty extreme piercing, with potential to cause damage to a Very Important and Sensitive Organ! Second, because very few women have clits large enough to accommodate one. Here's an excerpt from The Piercing Bible* about clit piercings:

Piercing of the clitoral glans (visible beneath the hood) is rare, and it is serious business. A piercing mishap can result in the loss of your clitoral sensation . . . only a highly experienced master should perform this piercing . . . exercise extreme caution before embarking upon a clitoris piercing; this is not an area with which to take risks.

Out of the very small number of women who genuinely desire a clitoris piercing (rather than the much more common hood piercing), approximately 90 to 95 percent are not suitably built to accommodate jewelry through the clitoral head.

So, girls, if you are interested in getting a genital piercing, do yourself a favor. Find the best, most experienced piercer you can find, and ask for a consultation and evaluation of your own anatomy. They don't all look alike and the piercing that is best for your BFF may not be the best piercing for you. A hood piercing is an easy piercing that can look and feel great, but a clit piercing is something different.

If you're confused about anatomy, here is a link to Wikip on female genital anatomy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoris

*The book, The Piercing Bible, by Elayne Angel, is the best reference out there. You can buy it from Tribe.

I'm tired of answering this question, so I'm making this a sticky for now.
Cloud is checking her balls.
Updated 4 years ago

What we think: Madam @ the Old Holes Home

Postby Trish » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Good topic idea! It seems like There's SO many girls who have no idea how rare an actual clit piercing is.
It's called STRETCHING your piercings, not gauging or up - gauging them.

Resurrection Suspension in my Avatar is thanks to The Holy Mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota. Photos were taken by Tellach Photography.
Trish Dallas suscon in April!!!!! :)
Updated 1 year ago

What we think: cooler than you

Postby Cloud » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 pm

'xactly!
Updated 4 years ago

Postby Jwiggles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Before I was "in the know" I thought a clit piercing WAS a hood piercing-
Life is short; enjoy your pain.
Jwiggles Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
Updated 2 weeks ago

Postby the BatCave » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 am

Does anyone have any experience of a triangle piercing? I've been considering it for years and never had the balls (!) to get it done. Still hunting for a piercer in my locality that has actually heard of it which isn't inspiring as I don't want to be anyone's guinea pig!
the BatCave

Postby FrigZ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:05 am

Great post Cloud!
If you listen to me you are an idiot but if you understand what I am saying then you are the smartest person on Earth
FrigZ

What we think: Wants a chocolate-covered Michael Phelps.

Postby renegade_angel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

I'm one of the few who wants an actual clitoris piercing, lol.
Its too risky for me, though, and I doubt I'm anatomically suited for it, so I'm considering getting a triangle in November when I turn eighteen.
I'll verb your noun.
renegade_angel will be suspending in 2012!
Updated 5 years ago

Postby Cloud » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

triangles are great piercings, but again, not every female is anatomically suited for them; and also, I wouldn't trust my bits to anyone but a master piercer for this either
Updated 4 years ago

Postby renegade_angel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Cloud wrote:triangles are great piercings, but again, not every female is anatomically suited for them; and also, I wouldn't trust my bits to anyone but a master piercer for this either

I was hoping I could catch Elayne Angel sometime if she's near the Twin Cities MN area and make an appointment to have her do it (or whichever piercing I decide on).. Its pretty much my dream to be pierced by and be able to talk to her.
I'll verb your noun.
renegade_angel will be suspending in 2012!
Updated 5 years ago

Postby Cloud » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 pm

well, she would be the one. She's all over the world--was recently in Milan giving a speech. You can follow her on her piercingbible.com or on her FB page
Updated 4 years ago

Next

Return to Never Been Pierced Forum