Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

New to piercing? Post your questions or share your experiences here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to Never Been Pierced Forum

Practical considerations of a PA

Postby RRcrazyman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Lots of good info here from everyone and as you can tell, a good deal of this is subjective to each of our own experiences, but let me give my two cents worth.

1) You should be able to drive home without an issue - will you feel a twinge in your Johnson? Probably - but, at least for me, think of it like when you have a nagging background headache - you know it's there, you know it annoys, it would be nicer if it stopped - but all in all you can live with it. When you say you want to keep this private - it's not generally the existence of the pierce that creates issues in a group living arrangement, it's the healing process. How do you explain the sudden craving for sea salt? lol. And all those trips to the bathroom where you give yourself that soak. And the sudden twinges you might feel below the waist as you move or twist - you suddenly have a pulled muscle to all your supportive relatives and friends. How much you bleed or don't is really individual. I was able to get away from bandages within two or three days - but didn't because the bandage kept my jewelry from moving or being tugged by my underwear which made the healing more comfortable. Which leads to #2...

2. 9 to 12 days should provide enough time to get accustomed to the existence of the PA. You might actually want the movement of work because I found myself readjusting a lot in the early days. If you have a job that allows you to move that may play both ways... cause some twinges but also gives you a time and place excuse to adjust your "clothes." There is a distinction between adjust to the PA and fully healed. Fully healed will be months - and the guys reference "crusties" and/or I think "sebum" that is that junk that for some piercings seems to take forever to go away and stinks! But that is what the sea salt baths are for. Get a cup the right size to hold your head, keep your salt or a small bag of it nearby, and use hot water from the sink to fill the cup, add salt and drop on in a few times a day til you feel comfortable. And feel free to revisit if you have flare-ups. Having the patience to heal is the hardest part of this. You got a PA because you wanted one... and then that tiny ring doesn't seem enough - show patience and you will be fine.

3. Stretching is another topic you don't need to hit today. BUT I did an entry on here at one point because I moved larger too quickly, it hurt all the time and I ended up pulling my PA and giving up... for a day. Then I went back down in size and learned patience. I think like many gents here I love the idea that I have this secret party in my pants - and I didn't want to give up because I got too anxious to move up in size. The other thing about stretching is - again, it's individual, depending on your body and where you get the piercing, you may have more or less skin to hold the bigger rings. Too little and it won't support the extra size and weight well. You may get tearing instead of stretching... listen to and look at your body for how it is handling each new size. How deep down you go also creates the issue of what size jewelry you will need to reach the two openings. Deeper you go the bigger the ring or the longer a curved barbell you will need.

4. I will say that I started with a CBR and as some noted, the thinner smaller jewelry seemed to give me the most issues - probably because the small diameter of the gauge means any stress being applied by a twist in the jewelry is concentrated on a smaller patch of skin in contact with metal - so it feels like it is cutting in. In my initial healing the CBR was the worst because the extended portion of the ring outside the head kept catching in my underwear... think of that outer section of loop like a big sail to catch on every piece of clothing you wear. I eventually went to curved barbells to ease contact and catching and it was heaven. BUT that is also where you may want bigger balls because I kept finding my small ball curved barbell being swallowed into the head and then the end sticking out the fistula would be waving around and getting stuck in clothing. So a happy medium on ball size is helpful... and big balls look kinda hot too while giving the impression of bigger gauge while you are still healing in the smaller gauges.

5. if you can give blood even though afraid of needles you can take the piercing without needing anesthetic, a good piercer will be that quick - so find a good piercer. That being noted I am not saying don't use local anesthetic - anything to help you feel more comfortable with the process is a plus. I am simply saying that for me I think the fear of the pain was much much greater than the actual pain. It was a sudden pinch and done.

6. Living with on a daily basis - early on it causes silly grins at the oddest times which you can't explain to anyone - because you are grinning about having your PA and no one knows, or you are proud to have made this choice in your life, or one of a million little silly things. Like when you hear your jewelry jingle against each other (when you add that next piece like a frenum) and know it was heard, but no one reacted because to them it was just background noise - they had no cause to look at your crotch and say - Hey, your crotch is jingling, do I need to answer that? But you know what jingled :-). Did I feel that background headache kind of pain a lot? Early on yes, then when I patiently stretched I would feel it for a few days. But on the whole, I enjoy having mine immensely. Do I make sure I am wearing tighter briefs or a combo that won't jingle when in quiet company? Yep. But in public for the most part I don't care. Do you get to the point you forget it is there - yes you do! Until you have to pee, and again, that is an individual thing. I would recommend avoiding light colored pants till you get urinal peeing down pat lol. You sometimes don't even realize you have a surprise stream running off the curve of a ring or the side of a ballend until you feel the moist spot on your leg. But I have to go through metal detectors a lot - the first time that I thought of that it freaked me out because I knew I would get called out! So I put my ring in my pocket to see if it would cause a beep... it didn't. Now I go through all the time and when I beep I know it will be a coin, a key or a zipper - but not my metal... So no real issues other than those in my mind. You should be able to enjoy.
RRcrazyman Alive and well?
Updated 1 year ago

Postby wantone » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Kilted, I am just over 3 weeks in. I was pierced at 10 and ringed at 8G. Very little blood. I drove 125 miles home and went to work the next day. I did have to take it a little slower or easy. As for controlling the blood i used sanitary napkins ( cut in half ) for the day of and next day by then i was done bleeding. I did my first jewelry change 3 weeks to the day. Stayed same size but they did not have the style i wanted at the time of my visit. I will say i want in to talk to him about getting an appointment and had it done same day. The first 2 weeks of sleeping was the only problem for i like to sleep on my side and when i moved around it would wake me. I got up did a SSS soak and back to bed. I will say i mixed in water bottle Sea Salt and warmed it for the soaks. This is the best feeling. I can see mine is already stretching but i am going to wait a while longer to make sure it is completely healed before i up size to a 6G maybe some time in the next few weeks.
wantone

Postby kcmil » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Got my PA this last Saturday. I was offered a choice of #8 or #6. I elected to be pierced at 6 with a CBR. To my knowledge they did not stretch - just a 6 needle, and a 6 ring. The jewelry looks great, and the piercer (APP) did a great job with positioning, but...

It just keeps bleeding and aching.

And bleeding.

There was virtually no blood during the day of, but the following morning the flood gates opened and it let loose. Ruined a set of undies and had to throw my bed sheets into the wash real quick-like. Ended up stuck on the toilet for a good half hour hoping and praying for it to stop dripping blood. u:(

Since then it has eased up some, but my bandages are always bloody every time they come off.

It also aches if it is not positioned just perfectly and/or bound with gauze to keep it immobile. A sensation that varies between cutting and mild stinging/burning. I frequently reach down and carefully move things around until I can find a position that is comfortable... then it shifts and starts to ache again. This has made sleeping kind of difficult.

I've been doing my SSS morning, night, and occasionally in between, and that helps to remove some of the dried blood. Sometimes it comes away clear, but more often it is tinted red.

I like having a ring down there, but... all the blood and discomfort really kills it. Is there anyone that can relate? How long is this going to go on?

u:?

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that all of this is normal. It's one thing to read about it online... much more unnerving to experience it firsthand.
kcmil Removed his PA after 7 weeks
Updated 6 hours ago

Postby highdesert » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 am

Bigger sizes are said toheal better, but its also a bigger hole. For me i bled for 3-4 days then a spot every now and then. Things will get better, it is going to take the body some time to adjust.
highdesert made it to 0ga
Updated 18 weeks ago

Postby mikenj1979 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 am

It should pass within a couple of days. I found that wearing compression shorts for the first week or so helped by keeping my bits in one place when i walked, that might work for you as well.
mikenj1979

Postby tsturbo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:41 am

You have more than likely stopped bleeding, but feminine pads inside your briefs are the way to go when you are bleeding at first
Nipples 14g Bar Bells
PA 2g 1/2" ring
Ears 2g titanium tunnels
6g guiche piercing 5/8" CBR
One shoulder tat, two arm tats
tsturbo Is happily healing his new triple Guiche!
Updated 3 weeks ago

Postby kcmil » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

The bleeding has finally stopped now, yes. (phew) u:A

Now I am just trying to figure out how to get comfortable with this ring. I've been having to keep things bandaged down there during the daytime in order to give the CBR some mechanical support. Without it, the ring presses against my undergarments and flops to one side painfully.

I'm hoping this too will pass as it heals just like the bleeding, but It's really hard to tell at this point. u:?

I really appreciate all of your words. It helps a lot to have folks to talk with during this process.
kcmil Removed his PA after 7 weeks
Updated 6 hours ago

Postby tsturbo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 am

Yes, I remember those early days after my PA, things do get better. For me, I found it much more comfortable to wear briefs, not super tight or loose, just enough to offer the support to keep things from not moving around too much during healing while at work. I also found being naked (commando) while at home at night and during the weekend helped. Good luck
Nipples 14g Bar Bells
PA 2g 1/2" ring
Ears 2g titanium tunnels
6g guiche piercing 5/8" CBR
One shoulder tat, two arm tats
tsturbo Is happily healing his new triple Guiche!
Updated 3 weeks ago

Postby rzldtxpef703 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 am

I had discomfort on and off for the first three weeks. (I felt like there was a lot online about the piercing itself, but less about what to expect afterward.) I think my discomfort had more to do with the fabric rubbing on things as well as the natural healing process. Usually, standing up and moving just a bit helped. At home, I took jeans off and just lounged around in underclothes. I felt more comfortable in boxers some days and boxer briefs on other days.

I did check in with my piercer a couple of times, just for peace of mind. Each time, he said things looked great and what I was feeling was completely normal. Check with your piercer if you have real concerns.

Hopefully, you will adjust soon and love it. I am almost at the four month mark, and love it more all the time.
rzldtxpef703

Postby Kiltedhiker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Congratulations on getting it done. Glad it stopped bleeding. Now SSS will be your best relief. I couldn't wait for my quiet time with my warm cup of salty love. Anyway. I remember those early days and how uncomfortable the underwear was. I had to endure it during the day and get into my kilt when I got home. There is more going on than just the healing of the puncture, you are also getting used to the weight of the ring. Each time I sized up, that ache would come back for about 3 or 4 days. Then, when things loosten up, it was better. Endure these first few weeks of discomfort and enjoy the ride. It only gets better from here.

Kiltedhiker

PreviousNext

Return to Never Been Pierced Forum