Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Submit general piercing posts here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to General Body Piercing Forum

Piercings and flying!

Postby red_d » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Upon returning home I thought I would answer my own question with the experience I had. I had her toy in my carry on bag and it went through the security check with no problem at all. Both going out and coming home. The only problems we had were a pat down leaving because of unclear picture on the X-ray and a recheck of my bag coming back because I forgot to take out my toiletry bag.
red_d

Postby MowerGuy4 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am

Scotty55 ---- AMEN! To everything you wrote and especially about the way we have abused and deliberately antagonized foreign nations and societies to create the self-fulfilling prophecies that are now bankrupting us - morally and fiscally. Pretty desperate results when we get to the point where our personaal jewellry becomes an issue of concern. Where will it end?
Mowerguy4
Out late in life. I take my piercings very seriously.
MowerGuy4 a Gay Guy looking for like minded people to share with.
Updated 2 years ago

Postby 2one6 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 am

@ OP - I fly at least twice a year for the last ten years. The only issue I ever had (re: piercings) was them questioning the sharpness of my earrings. They spent 10 minutes trying to decide if they were "weapons". They let me pass.

@ Scotty55 - Thank you for your service AND your opinions. I honestly appreciate both. I don't need to ask how you voted on 594.
2001 - Tounge - 6g Barbell
2003 - Labret - 12g Claw
2003 - Nipples - 12g Rings
2006 - Ears (Inner conch) - 0g Claws
2one6

Postby gayprag » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:16 pm

I fly domestic and international with a 0 gauge PA and have NEVER had an issue. What I do, however, is wear button fly jeans (with metal buttons). That might distract the machines.
00 gauge PA
4 gauge segment ring guiche
12 gauge top-side frenum
gayprag Lov'n my piercings.
Updated 41 weeks ago

Postby uscav8r » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 pm

I fly quite often with my now 2 gauge PA & 3x8 gauge frenums...of course it's in the Cessna 172s I'm training in so no issues other than an occasional readjustment required. :)

I've also flown domestic & international with a couple njoy plugs & never had any issues...luckily, wouldn't care to discuss those with random airport screeners.
uscav8r TDR me ASAP.
Updated 2 years ago

Postby Legendracer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:26 am

My wifes VCH (titanium) has never set off any scanner or called for any extra patdown flying around the US and European airport in the last 5 years. I'm seriously thinking of / wanting a PA and the potential travel hassle (2-3 flights per week)is the only thing that has really held me back.
Legendracer

Postby Legendracer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 am

My wifes VCH (titanium) has never set off any scanner or called for any extra patdown flying around the US and European airport in the last 5 years. I'm seriously thinking of / wanting a PA and the potential travel hassle (2-3 flights per week)is the only thing that has really held me back.
Legendracer

Postby Prialbnips » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:57 am

Flying 2-3 times per week may be worth becoming a trusted traveler--then you are pre checked on only have to go through metal detector and not the scanner. Though I have never set off any security devices. Prior to becoming a trusted traveler, refused to go through the scanner so was always patted down. No problems. I am 2 guage now.
Prialbnips contemplating next piercing or tattoo???
Updated 3 years ago

Postby gayprag » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:11 am

I've has a PA for about 6 years and have flown both domestic and international without a second look. One thing I used to do, however, was wear jeans with a metal botton fly. I thought it would help disguise the PA. Someone told me however that those scanners see anything and everything so it was mute to try to hide it. In any case, I've never been detained or questioned.
00 gauge PA
4 gauge segment ring guiche
12 gauge top-side frenum
gayprag Lov'n my piercings.
Updated 41 weeks ago

Postby redbearded » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:40 pm

It's good to know that most people get through security OK even with piercings. I was a bit nervous as I have to fly in a few days with a PA that's still healing (so I can't remove my barbell or else it won't go back in).

I'm basically planning to just be as honest and upfront with them as possible. If they want to know what I've got in my pants I'll tell them. If they really want to see it I'll show it to them. I can only hope that they'll believe me and let me by without any grief.
redbearded

PreviousNext

Return to General Body Piercing Forum