Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Submit general piercing posts here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to General Body Piercing Forum

Piercings and flying!

Postby whitekid » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 pm

I dont think it will be a problem mostly in USA but in some foreign countries they have very sensitive dedectors and obstinate officers u:A3
No Pain No Gain
whitekid

Postby Barton Fink » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

In Europe this poses no problem. Flying from Brussels within Europe (Spain) or Africa (Tunisia, Morocco) I've had no trouble with 5mm (4 gauge) P.A.
Barton Fink

Postby azbtmguy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 am

I flew from Phoenix - LAX and had no issue and I had to go thru a body scanner, Im sure the guy running the scanner got a glimpse of my Tounge and 2G PA but no one stopped me or said anything. Same for a recent flight from PHX to MCI (Kansas City) and no issues there or back. All of my piercings are of medical grade stainless steel.
azbtmguy Want to re-pierce my Apadravya but undecided still.. help...
Updated 27 weeks ago

Postby jamyjack » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 am

Hello,
I will be flying to Ireland next year and I am worried about my three 12g genital piercings.I don't want to have any issues with them setting off a detector or even worse.
Best Price Suits
jamyjack

Postby red_d » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 am

I think the general consensus of this forum topic is that piercings no matter how big, or where they are, has not been a problem in most airport security checks or body scanners. It does not matter where you are flying from or where your destination is, as body piercings simply do not have enough metal to set off alarms.
red_d

Postby PingAn Chen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I wear 10mm/25mm TDR and have absolutely no problem anywhere. I pass through airports around the world 2-3 times a week in the past years, and the only time an officer asked was in India where they tend to body search you quite intimately. He was petrified to realise he nearly janked my nipple piercings. Another pat-down in a London airport. The guy took rather too long looking at my PA u:0) He was practically drooling
PingAn Chen

Postby 95sporty » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm

I have 5 dydoes it hasn't been a problem far, but you can say it,s your zipper
95sporty is
Updated 8 years ago

Postby csquid » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 pm

If one goes back in this thread, I think I have said this before, but it seems to be worth repeating.

Metal detectors are based on the principal of inductance. To over simplify: metals that reflect a magnetic field. To really over simplify: it detects thing that a magnet will stick to. So, with all quality jewelry being non-magnetic it will not make a fuss. If you buy and/or wear jewelry from Hot Topic, get ready for an "enhanced search".
If there are no spelling mistakes above, I am on my computer. Otherwise, I'm on my droid phone and I apaullagyze for my atroughshush spelling.
-Bishop
csquid Note to self: Find a more interesting/current "status".
Updated 2 years ago

Postby red_d » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am

Since I couldn't find the answer using the search I thought here would be fine to ask. Has anyone every taken adult toys through airport security before? Any problems doing that? My girlfriend and I will be flying for the weekend and I we want to avoid checked baggage.
red_d

Postby Prialbnips » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 am

I heard a story that Princess Diana's entourage used to put adult toys in her carry on luggage to tease her.
Prialbnips contemplating next piercing or tattoo???
Updated 3 years ago

PreviousNext

Return to General Body Piercing Forum