Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Submit general piercing posts here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to General Body Piercing Forum

Piercings and flying!

Postby Trish » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:48 am

I went to court to try to fight a ticket about a month ago, and had to go through a metal detector. Only thing that went off was my shoes, none of the piercings did although the guy said my lobes might make it go off (he didn't realize they were made out of stone).
It's called STRETCHING your piercings, not gauging or up - gauging them.

Resurrection Suspension in my Avatar is thanks to The Holy Mackerel in St. Paul, Minnesota. Photos were taken by Tellach Photography.
Trish Dallas suscon in April!!!!! :)
Updated 1 year ago

What we think: cooler than you

Postby LeelooMinai » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:11 am

I've never been pulled for piercings, but I now have medical implants that cannot go through a screener, so I have to request a private inspection and flash medical cards at everyone.
LeelooMinai

Postby jarhed » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm

I have flown many times and there has never been an issue. However, if the TSA wants to search me, I am going to unzip and slap my flapmeat right down on the table. I hope the table is steel, so that I can go clang clang clang! There ya go sport! Anything else you want to see?
jarhed happy as a clam
Updated 4 years ago

Postby 219to305 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

I have been through several airports and it hasn't been an issue for me at all. Only been flagged once actually and that was for going to an event that had metal detectors. He just said it was a zipper and waved me in.
10ga 1 5/8 apadravya 8/4/09 Now an 8ga 1 1/8 barbell.
10ga 1 1/4 apadravya 1/14/11 Now 8ga 1 3/16 barbell.
Yup 2 happy appys!
219to305 Just stretched my second appy to 8ga last night. Def feeling it today
Updated 5 years ago

Postby beerskibrew » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 am

I was told when I went for an mri by the doctor that I would not need to remove them as 316 stainless in the same used for medical implants and non responsive to magnets. She also said they shoulnt set off metal detectors due to being non ferrous. Ive never had a problem with flying or courts.
beerskibrew

Postby shinkansen » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Just went abroad for first time with my PA. No trouble at all at security ether getting there or returning.
shinkansen enjoying a festive stretch
Updated 2 years ago

Postby adina77 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Never had an issue with my ear piercings but now that i have nipple piercings I am not sure how that would go as I havent flown since October but it should be interesting as I also have anxiety issues all together. My insulin pump however was questioned and swabbed. I thought seriously, you can clearly see that its an insulin pump that is giving me insulin as we speak. The dont treat diabetics any better. many years ago I had a toshiba laptop and it would get searched every single time even though its what I typed my assignments on. I decided after that not to bring my laptop and crank it out when I got home
"Without music, Life would be a mistake"
adina77 Been almost 3 months since my piercing & no real issues so far
Updated 1 year ago

Postby lohangers » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey Scotty,

Great you did your time for the federal government...as did I! First of all, female agents are not allowed to PAT down or be in the same room for "private" pat downs! (it is only of the same sex, with the same sex as a witness) Secondly, if you don't want the TSA around to infringe on your so-called "rights" then let's do away with the agency and see how you feel when the plane your flying on has some bombs aboard. I sure hope your soul is thinking about your "rights" after what is left of your body pollutes the ground down below...lol! Nice fantasy though of exposing yourself to a u:Sleep female agent...lmao!
lohangers online
Updated 3 years ago

Postby thomas62758 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Scotty, you are absolutely right. Not enough people are willing to stand up for their rights in this country. And since when does the whole world need us a babysitters.
thomas62758

Postby rockerfield » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:31 pm

So just a quick one - travelled from Wellington, NZ to Sydney, Australia with my 0g SS CBR prince albert in. Usually I would swap down to a 2g but I kept the 0g in this time. Not a beep. Nothing.

If you'd like to read the full account:
http://community.tribalectic.com/conten ... nce-albert
rockerfield Hello Septum!
Updated 2 years ago

PreviousNext

Return to General Body Piercing Forum