Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
Shopping Cart# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Visit our Facebook page Visit our MySpace page Visit our Twitter page
Shop Catalog By

Submit general piercing posts here.

Moderators: Jwiggles, Mrs.Jen, BadKiTtY

Return to General Body Piercing Forum

Genital jewelry

Postby piercingcraze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm

I have a single 10g Lorum piercing. It's about 4 months old and still healing. I don't typically have any sensations from it but occasionally it pinches so I'll readjust how I'm sitting and it solves the problem. Does anyone else with genital piercings experience this?

Once it's healed any suggestions for jewelry that could give sensations?

I'm considering getting a second Lorum/hafada piercing right under my current one. I also am considering a guiche but am unsure if it suits me since my legs rub together as I walk. Any suggestions?
piercingcraze

Postby Jwiggles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:30 pm

I occasionally have pinching from my left inner labia piercing. Someone might see me sit down and stand right back up real quick, lol. That usually fixes it.
Life is short; enjoy your pain.
Jwiggles Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
Updated 2 weeks ago

Postby stealer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:16 pm

I don't have a lorum, but from my experience with my own piercings, things will improve as your piercing continues to heal and toughen up. A lot of it also has to do with the type of jewelry one wears. Something like a ring or longer bar can be prone to twisting a little more than a shorter bar.

I've got a guiche. Sometimes my legs will come in contact with the bar, but it never seemed to have any negative affects on it as far as healing. There's really no way to avoid it actually. On any given day we're sleeping in different positions, sitting in chairs, getting in and out of the car, sporting activities, etc. The guiche is just one of those piercings that's located on a part of the body that sees lots of movement. All you can do is try and follow the aftercare routine.
The box said "Requires Windows XP or better", so I bought a Mac.
stealer I got my nipples re-pierced today. Feels great to have them back!
Updated 1 year ago

Postby piercingcraze » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 pm

@jwiggles I've jumped up quickly once or twice. I bet people were wondering if I I had ants in my pants haha. Luckily though it seems to be seldom and less and less as it gets more healed.

@stealer I wear a captive ring in my Lorum. As for your guiche do you always feel that you have something there?
piercingcraze

Postby stealer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

As for your guiche do you always feel that you have something there?

You do after you get the piercing of course, but after a while it becomes less noticeable. In fact there have been a few times when I've had to actually check to make sure the jewelry was still there just because I couldn't really feel its presence. Not to worry though, its still a really nice piercing to have and I have no regrets about having mine.
Updated 1 year ago

Postby piercingcraze » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 am

Has anyone ever had any problems with genital jewelry getting stuck on underwear/clothing?

I like the idea of a guiche I just wonder if I will have problems walking or doing any type of activity/movement since my legs tend to rub together. It might constantly twist the jewelry. Not sure that would be comfortable.
piercingcraze

Postby stealer » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:39 pm

This is just personal preference, but I've tried both a ring and a curved bar for my guiche, and I preferred the bar much more because there's less jewelry 'hanging' out there to get caught on something. When I wore a ring, it would sometimes twist around or get turned in an uncomfortable position. The bar however rests tight up against the body, so it tends to stay put a little better. That's just me, obviously others prefer rings, to each his own. As far as comfort, the guiche will be a little sore for a few weeks after you get it, but then it should become less noticeable as it starts to heal up. Everyone is built a little different though, so all you can do to know for sure is give one a try.

As far as clothing getting stuck on jewelry, I personally never have had any issues, however I did have a run in with a bath towel once. It snagged my dermal anchor. The shock and discomfort pretty much left me in a fetal position on the floor. OK, I say that somewhat facetiously, but it was pretty darn uncomfortable. Once you get nipple or genital piercings, you quickly learn that a bath towel can be a dangerous weapon in careless hands, and that you have to use a little extra care when it comes to the simplest tasks like drying off after a shower u:D
Updated 1 year ago

Postby piercingcraze » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:27 am

@stealer, true that. My nipples are pierced and I've learned to be very careful with towels!! I've never had a problem with clothes.

I'm still tossing the idea around of getting a guiche. We will see.
piercingcraze

Postby Painthreshold » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:57 am

Craze-go for it!

Clothes rarely get caught down south, but CBR's are better for sport. Towels and nipples will happen once or twice, then you learn.
Experience the joy of metal thru skin. Add some!
Painthreshold summer is looming...time for a kilt!
Updated 1 week ago

Postby vajra » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:07 pm

piercingcraze,

How your thighs meet is a very thoughtful consideration in thinking about a guiche. Depending on how the legs brush, some guys mention this as an initial bother. I think there are two factors to consider to avoid this as an issue :

1 - Finding the optimal placement of your guiche along you perineum, which your piercer will work with you on when you express your concern. As an example, closer to your scrotum might work better than dead center; it varies for everyone.

2 - The length or diameter of your guiche jewelry: even an 1/8" can make a noticeable difference when it comes to comfort during your walking motion.

As others have mentioned, if you have patience with the initial "sitting" discomfort & the healing period, you'll eventually enjoy having the piercing.

(BTW, I'd suggest getting pierced at least at 8g or even a 6; just my opinion. When getting pierced, there's no discomfort increase versus a thinner gauge.)

Good luck moving forward!
"Very little of what we say is important, but if not careful, much of what we say can be harmful."
vajra says, "Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true!"
Updated 3 years ago

Next

Return to General Body Piercing Forum